Preparing for “The Ask” – How to Get Financing For Your Business
In this presentation Maine SBDC at NMDC Business Advisor and Center Director Brandon McDonald will be highlighting the 6 C’s of credit, with a focus on the major 3 from a lender’s point of view – Credit, Capacity, & Collateral.
Topics will include:
- Myths about grant funds
- Help! I have no/bad credit, how do I prepare to get a loan?
- Understanding collateral valuation and “bridging the gap”
- Why some lenders exclude certain industries during economic downturn, and where to go next
- How to prepare for the first meeting with a lender
- Along with other issues regarding financing
There will be time afterward for questions regarding successfully securing capital from banks or other financing institutions.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. SBA. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact email@example.com
Fee: No Cost